Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Seasons, you gotta love 'em, right?



photo credit: Blizzard of March 1888 - Residence of George H. Richards via photopin (license)

At last . . . fall has arrived! I'm not sure if I should be sad or happy, because I do love fall, but it means winter is coming. And as we all know, winter is the longest, most irritating, whiny b*tch in the world. Amiright? Yeah, it is. What's funny is Julia is sooo excited about winter coming that she checked out an armfull of books about her 'favorite' season yesterday and asked me to read them to her last night. Imagine the acting skills it took to recite: "Winter is coming. Winter is coming. Everyone put on your coat and hat. The sky is gray, it might snow today! Everybody say . . . yay!!!!!!"

Cue Grumpy cat.

I mean . . . I do like winter. It's pretty and I love the hush of the world and the sound of tires crunching on fresh snow and sunrise on icicles and I like eggnog and wearing my favorite sweater.

Sorry, I ran out.

Do you like winter? Do you like snow? Come on, people . . . let me know! Maybe you'll get a prize, or maybe you won't. Pass the bottle, honey. It's El Nino.

Have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. I loved winter when I was a child then I grew up and had to drive in snow. That made me want to move to a tropical island. I never did, but still think about it every year when the winds blow and my toes freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go! Okay, we probably won't, but it's a great idea!

      Delete
  2. I hate the cold. I hate snow. I hate winter. However, I am really enjoying our present autumn; beautiful colours and temperatures around the 20 C mark. I just hope that winter won't drag on for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's been a beautiful fall this year.

      Delete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...