Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A revelation

By Motorrad-67 at en.wikipedia Later versions were uploaded by Liftarn at en.wikipedia. [Attribution], from Wikimedia Commons


I meditated this morning because it's a very spiritual day in numbers: November 11th; 11-11. To increase the effect I meditated at 11:11 am. But anyway, after yesterday's glum post it feels weird to say this, but what the heck I'm like one fruit loop short of a breakfast right now with all this stuff going on, but I had this revelation that I was to start writing music and singing again. Namely, that I need to pick up my guitar and start doing it ASAP. That voice inside of me (my spirit guides, angels) made it very clear. The world needs my voice, my tenacity, my wisdom, my spirit. I wrote down the gist of what it said, and I know . . . it sounds crazy. This is what I wrote down after the meditation:
--> This is your calling in life. Other jobs will come and go, but you must write and sing. You are a beautiful cardinal—you know you are. Someone caged you. Someone hurt you. People are good at that, though they seldom recognize it’s what they are doing. But you must break free and continue your gift. 
 So there you have it. A voice of reason? It's not going to be easy. But I guess I'm going to pick up my old guitar and start writing again. I'll take any good vibes you want to send out, prayers, thoughts, etc. Peace.

12 comments:

  1. Sing. If it is a calling, it is a fundamental personal truth that will not leave you alone, not ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of your albums, Amy, and I love your voice. Music is good for the soul, so sing, girl, sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11.00am on November 11 is the time that the Armistice was declared in 1918. In many countries, it is kept as a moment for reflection. In the UK it is marked by two minutes of silence. I was at home and, as I often do, I missed it. I do mark it if I notice the time. It's easy if you have the radio on, for instance, because they are silent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Veteran's Day here in the U.S. as well. There also happened to be a peace event at 7:11 pm but it was too cold to stand outside with my cell phone reached to the sky. Hate to admit that, but . . . Peace over a warm couch . . . I'm so weak.

      Delete
  4. We attended a memorial service yesterday. Living near Camp Pendleton gifted the gathering with the brave young men and the brave WW 2 veterans. It was both a somber reminder and a joyful thanksgiving.

    Open my sewing room and dust of the sewing machine, start/finish some quilting projects--that is what I need to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Susan. And best of luck with sewing. I haven't done that in a long time!

      Delete
  5. Meditation and music. Sounds like you are off to a pretty good start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Amy. I've received revelations like this at random times in my life and good things have followed.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...