Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thoughts

I've been MIA, like lost in the middle of the ocean on a dingy, MIA. Sorry. I think perhaps I'd grown sick of writing about myself. I don't know. It's much more fun writing about my characters, and there's not much for me to say about them here. I remember the days when I foolishly believed I could post all my work, not knowing that a blog was considered a publication.

Also, I've also been so upset over the whole gun control issue (or lack of) that I want to go bat shit crazy. You don't want to see that. On my personal Facebook page (family, friends) I've pissed off a handful of folks. Fine. I don't hate all guns, just the kind that can kill a classroom of children in a few second's time. Not sure how anyone can't see the logic in getting rid of such a weapon, but there you go. Again, you don't want to see me go crazy on here talking about it. My views involve lots of four-letter words. Not very dignified. 

Mostly I've been writing every spare chance I get, a process that includes massive consumption of Van Morrison and Neil Young songs. 

Does anyone else wish spring were here already? I usually try not to spur nature past its normal capacity of time and planetary rotation, but geez, I'd love to put on some shorts or a skirt and a pair of sandals, and just hit the park or something. 

So, I'll leave with one of my favorite film clips. Funniest scene ever ( or at least I think so!).




Wishing you a great Saturday!

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you about the gun issue, Amy. What has surprised me is how discovering that a lot more people agree with me than ever I thought did. I would have thought, the 'penny would have dropped' a lot sooner and the NRA would have found itself up against some opposition...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like the world has shifted, doesn't it? I just hope we can do what's right without it getting crazier than it already is.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I have used all those words, and probably more, about this whole issue. This week the gun lobby made such total fools of themselves with that disgusting add about Obama's children. The Fox pundits were all over Obama's speech and directives with Rush Limbaugh mimicing children crying "I don't want to die, please don't kill me". What is so frightening is that I received e-mails from people repeating these vile things. I think most people are good, but when I see and hear this crap, I am doubting my beliefs.

    Over three million guns have been sold since Sandy Hook, many of them assult rifles. They could have sold more, but they ran out.

    Have we gone mad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Limbaugh video and felt a shock go through me. It's horrible.

      Delete
  3. Being so inflamed about this gun issue, I forgot to comment on your video. Thank you, I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main experience with guns is the sort of varmint-rifle all us hicks have --an ancient 22 with a flashlight duct-taped to the barrel. Whole idea of automatic weapons confuses me, so I keep quiet. But lately I've felt jumpy in crowds so something does need changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to hear and thank you for your thoughts. I like the whole flashlight thing, haha.

      Delete
  5. Hi Amy. Did you see the Piers Morgan/Alex Jones interview? With nutters like Jones about, one can only despair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw parts of it. That was the beginning of America, and I guess the world, seeing how great our divide really is.

      Delete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...