Saturday, July 30, 2011

AmyymA

I'm in a pattern. But I like patterns. Wake up at 5:30 am, feed the dog, the cat, make some coffee, carry coffee to computer, sit down, read internet crap, try to write, read more internet crap, write some more, keep writing, get up, get some water, pet cat, dog, write, write, take a shower, make breakfast, kids get up, clean, be a mom, make cookies, take kids outside, clean, clean, make dinner, watch tv, read books to kids or myself, get ready for bed, sleep.

Every day it's the same. When school starts it will all change and that's good. But for now, I am starting to feel like Jack Nicholson in The Shining, "All work and no play makes Amy a dull girl . . ." Don't worry. I don't have an axe around here.

9 comments:

  1. Just to be on the safe side, maybe you should try to break it up a bit, feed the cat first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or just for a real treat, send the kids out to BUY cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could feed the cat to the dog, and buy me some new kids to make me some cookies. Things are starting to look up already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahaha "Don't worry I don't have an axe around here." That was hilarious!!!!

    When I'm feeling like a rebel I do exactly what mybabyjohn/Delores does... switch the order in which I do them.

    Though to be honest I try not to get into a routine. After watching ONE TOO MANY episodes of Criminal Minds I find that patterns make a psycho all the more likely to choose you. I don't want the reason I am going to be kidnapped to be because I fed the dog at the same time every day. Eek!

    OMIGOSH I just read on the right on your profiel that you're part of the WiDo family!!! Amy that's fabulous! Sorry I'm so late to the party! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy you sound just like me! I like your title AmyymA! Wonder what some Other Mountain spells backwards - probably something rude. Loved your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jen : )

    And thank you Molly too : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, I'm scared. Thank God there's no axe available!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeeere's Amy!!!

    Having trouble believing there IS a 5.30am...

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...