Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good News Part 2


Butt in chair. Check.

Water. Check.

Tunes. Check.

Coffee. CHECK.

Okay.

There's some good news I want to share with you, but it's tentative and relies heavily on my being able to rise to a challenge that I've never met before, so I don't know if it will happen, but I'm hoping, really, really hoping that it will, but you never know, fate is a weird mistress sometimes, all right, I'll just tell you, but don't get too excited, okay?

I received an invitation to submit The Soul Seekers after a revision of the first few chapters and overall tightening of the manuscript. Yes, if I work hard my book will finally see the light of day. Isn't that wonderful? I am to sort of patch together those first few chapters to get the reader closer to the action. I told you before those first were difficult for me because of the premise, but I love challenges and have no problem making it work, as they say. Having spent a lot of time working on short stories the last few months, I can honestly say that the timing is right for this. I know much more about trimming prose than ever before.

Thank you to the amazing Karen for reading the manuscript and speaking with Allie at WiDo publishing. See the contest above^. I am grateful for the opportunity and will work me butt off!

So . . . what's happening this Tuesday for all you good people? We have more snow on the way. Yep.


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!

    I hope you rise to the challenge.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is GREAT news. Go on, start counting your chickens; the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid to. Oh wait, you mean CHICKEN chickens. Yeah, I got tons of them in the house right now. One, two , three . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is FANTASTIC news, Amy! I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!! Amy I am so pleased for you. I loved proof reading the Soul Seekers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much you guys!

    And Molly, a very special thanks to you for reading the manuscript and helping me out so much. You are such a special person, and as I've said, a talented writer. It meant the world to me to have you read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Holly.

    Okay, so this is just preliminary stuff. Don't get too excited. I could still jinx this thing in my usual way, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, congratulations. This is like a dream come true, and I'm sure you're not yet finished dreaming. Good luck and first and foremost: FUN.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...