Friday, July 2, 2010

Really Sleepy Post

It's a no coffee morning. Need to go to the store. Yawn!

I read something the other day that reminded me to stop and feel JOY every day. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily schedules that we forget to do these simple things—they make a huge difference. Another thing was from Thich Nhat Hahn: stop and breathe. Breathe in calm, and breathe out smile. Afterwards look around and see what you are grateful for, because there is always something to be grateful for.

I forgot to tell you, I've been cast in the Women of Rock show. Yay! It's a really fast, three-week schedule, and I'll probably be singing a couple solos along with backup/group as well. Rehearsals start July 18th. Hopefully I'll have a little coffee around by then.

Some Questions: Do you write at scheduled times, or just whenever the mood hits? What is your favorite time of day to write? Do you write longhand or on the computer? Coffee or tea?

Have a great Friday!

7 comments:

  1. My answers:

    scheduled times and then whenever I can find extra free time

    early morning and evening

    both, but mostly computer

    Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early in the morning... short bursts, interrupted by gardening, eating, or going for long walks.

    Ditto: Coffee am, Tea pm. Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Amy!! That sounds like fun and I hope you have tons of fun!!

    I write whenever I can, which lately, hasn't been enough. But oh well, no rush, right? I'm definitely a computer writer and between coffee or tea... hmm... both!!

    Happy Holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great Amy! I hope we get to see some photos!

    I write to a schedule. I need the structure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to write at scheduled times....but the artist in me feels like I am forcing the talent if I do that. So lately I have been writing when the muse hits me...and usually it hits me pretty hard. You could call me mad I guess...crazy writer lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Amy...that is so cool!!!

    As for your questions...I tend to write when the mood strikes me, atleast until I get far enough into a story to be able to push myself through to the end. :-) And as for coffee and tea, how about BOTH???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the gardening breaks, Cro. It sounds like a nice way to get a break but still be inspired.

    Thanks KImberly!

    I like structure too, and feel lost without it.

    Bonnie- I loooooove it when the muse hits. Those are the best times. I hope yours lasts forever.

    Kristi- Thank you! I think the resounding answer is that we like our caffeine in any form, haha!

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...