Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thoughts For the End of the Week





Not sure if anyone saw the truth and lies from the creative blogger award. They were down at the bottom of my last post, which was . . . pretty long. Sorry! Ugh, I hate to have you see my truth though, so embarrassing.

Have you ever been in a bad relationship that you knew was wrong but you just kept going until something made you look at yourself and want to change? Have you ever used that relationship in your writing, art, etc?

Happy weekend to everyone!

I love Keane so much. Yesterday, while running errands, I sang every song from Hopes and Fears full blast with the windows open. I can't not sing when I hear them.


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely. I think all writers use personal experiences in their writing. It's often what makes our characters and their experience ring true.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly yes. Till this day I don't know why I stayed as long as I did, hoping the other person would see the light and want to change. It has at times influenced my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely using real relationship experience for my book. There's a little play on—my favorite topic—if a man can be a gentleman or if it's just a myth. One guy says no way, the other doesn't have to say, he just is a gentleman by action. I love the way it plays out!

    Right now I am struggling with some tough relationship issues that I can't talk about, but let's just say I have been trying to find my self-worth again. It's so personal I don't know if I can come close to putting it down on paper yet. I just want to get through it first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're struggling right now. Writing can be good therapy, I've heard. I don't think I include much of my personal life in my writing at all, my life seems so boring (which I'm not complaining about - I prefer it that way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! I think you're right about writing being therapy. Last year, when some of my troubles started, writing was how I survived. And now, it's meeting all you great writers that makes it all solid.

    Haha, yes, it can be very boring at times! And I worry about my poor butt after sitting in this chair so much. I'm always trying to do those butt exercises to combat the horrors of the office chair. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...