Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cake-1, Me-0


As you can see, I had problems with the cake. But then, what fun would it be if I made something perfect on the first try? The main issue was pre-production, partly from my darling little Julia, who placed a bag of powdered sugar on a hot burner. When I reached to quickly grab it off, I discovered the plastic had melted which caused about four cups of white powder to fly up the in air. It took me forever to clean the kitchen, and then after that things just sort of never came back into focus. The major mistake I made was in pouring too much batter in the pan which resulted in a heavy, buttery, very crumbly cake. No melting in the mouth. Nothing that a little bit of whipped cream and strawberries can't fix! Right?!












I'd like to thank my wonderful new friend, Kimberly Franklin for awarding me with my very first blogger award. Thank you so much! I'll use it wisely(if I can figure out how to use it).

This has been a tough writing week. I was so into the re-writes, moving along steady, having fun, but now . . . not so much. The only thing to do is work through it without any editing, because if I start to think too much, I'll stop and erase, stop and erase. My good friend Tess Hilmo unplugged last week, and I think I'll do the same next week. If anything, it will be fun to immerse myself in the characters again like before. It's no fun being me with no voices!

Wishing all my friends a spectacular day of writing, good weather, happy times and sweet music!

5 comments:

  1. The cake is purtty! Did it taste good? I feel for you have to clean up all the powdered sugar. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good . . . in a heavy sort of way. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries and Cream fix EVERYTHING! That cake looks yummy. Want to share???

    Congrats on your award! You deserve them all!!! And good luck with using them, I've found that trying to figure out who to give them to is usually the hardest part. I just want to give them to everyone! LOL. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love my blogger friends. You guys are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a yummy cake! Hey you made one which is more than I can do ;o)

    I'm sorry you had a bad writing week, I've had a bad writing month! Those rewrites are serious stuff - I gotta get back on track! Good luck with yours ;o)

    Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete

A Millennial romp through Jane Austen

  A few years back I wrote this story about a fifteen-year-old girl named Frankie drudging through a very complicated life in a fictional sm...